MMA Breakfast – It gives you strength and power
What did you eat for breakfast this morning? Any serious combat athlete will pay as close attention to their nutrition for MMA as they do to their training.
“I don’t have the time. I don’t feel hungry. I don’t like oatmeal” – these are the most common excuses for those who skip breakfast.
Is it enough for you to know that for example Michael Phelps NEVER skips breakfast! NEVER!
The calculation is actually very simple: a proper diet, which includes starting your day with a good breakfast, will give you the prerequisites for a good workout and progress. Here are some other benefits to eating breakfast…
- Improves overall nutrition – eating a nutritious breakfast is the perfect way to start your MMA nutrition plan. Healthy snacks and a balanced lunch and dinner will soon follow.
- Improves overall well-being – besides your performance in the ring or on the mat, you will feel better in general throughout your entire day.
- Reduced injuries – breakfast for MMA fighters is especially important since many combat athletes train more than once per day. Carbohydrate consumption becomes crucial and neglecting to refuel between training sessions is a common way to weaken the immune system and risk injury.
And what should you eat for breakfast? Each of us is different and has different nutritional needs, so there is no one solution that will satisfy everyone’s needs. Here are a few suggestions among which you will surely find something for yourself:
- Egg white omelet with spinach and a bowl of oatmeal
- Smoothie with natural peanut butter, skim or low-fat milk, a banana, and a scoop of whey protein
- Oatmeal with a scoop of protein powder and some raisins
Once you start your day with a good breakfast the first changes you’ll notice will be – better mood, power in training and faster progress. What else do you want?